Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nuremberg

Well, it has been quite a while since my last post. My only excuse is that I have been incredibly busy and when I have down time it is almost always spent in my studio. I need to get in the habit of writing something every couple of days at least - even if it's only a few sentences. It's always fun to look back on the past posts and know what I was up to that day.

So, right now I am in Herzo, Germany. This is where the main headquarters of adidas are. Along with a few co-workers, I am here for the MLS '12 season kick off. I am always working 2 years ahead. Needless to say, I am usually stuck for a second when I need to write the currect date on a check.

Everyday here has been incredibly busy. We got here on Saturday afternoon, so Sunday and Monday (which was a bank holiday) were play days. On weekends the shops are all closed - so it was a perfect day for the museums. Our hotel is in Nuremberg and there are lots of museums for tourists to check out. There is SO much history here! Our first stop on Sunday was the Albrecht Druer Haus. He was an incredible artist from the late 1400s to early 1500s! Next was a medieval dungeon and torture chamber dating from the early 1300s!! Can you believe that?? I love that creepy stuff. I am coming from a place where 1800s is considered ancient! After the torture chambers we hit up the Nuremberg museum. After 5:00 the renaissance section is free. Let me tell ya, if you can make it thru half in that time you are lucky. So needless to say after that we were exhausted. Dinner was at Sushi Light across the street.

Monday was planned for the zoo but it turned into a 'sleep late and nap' kind of day. That night we meet up with the rest of our co-workers who flew in that day and had some amazing Thai food for dinner.

The rest of the week has been work, work, and more work. With always something planned for the evening. We are always taken such good care of by our fellow counter parts! I slept like absolute crap Tuesday night, which made me comparable to a zombie on Weds. So I popped a couple tylenol PM's last night and slept like a baby.


Man, the German's really know how to dress!! I am always inspired to take more risks when I'm here. PLUS the adidas here store has way better stuff so I'm going to stock up on as much Stella McCartney and Y3 stuff I can possible afford. Which won't be much so I will try to narrow it down to the key peices.

Okay, back to work. Will keep you posted on any cool shoppings I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment